Friday, October 7, 2016

Class is in session!

source
Did you know that Zoo Mark offers Wildlife Education classes? We do! Every Saturday at 2 pm, we feature one of our zoo friends for an in-depth, up-close encounter and educational session. You'll get a chance to learn everything you ever wanted to know about the featured friend, join them for a meal (don't worry, we won't make you eat sardines or raw meat), and let you meet them in person! All encounters are with animals that have been well socialized, and there are several trainers on site so that every encounter is completely safe for even the smallest of humans to take part in. 

This Saturday will feature Patty, our four-month-old Stellar Sea Lion. She was born on June 27, 2016. Her mom is Belle, a 6 year old stellar sea lion at Birmingham Cove Zoo and dad is Murphy, and eight year old sea lion from our own colony. Belle was unable to produce enough milk to keep Patty healthy and growing, so she came to us shortly after birth and has been hand-raised in our nurseries ever since. She loves to follow her trainer, Megan, around to the other seal and sea lion enclosures, and we look forward to the day that she can join her dad and other fellow sea lions on a permanent basis. Patty looks forward to making new friends, and is always ready with a sloppy sea lion kiss. Come join us and get your very own kiss from Patty, and experience a day you'll remember forever.  

5 comments:

  1. I loved your blog it was very creative and made me want to come to the zoo right away. I thought it was very catchy and fun. Loved the photo! There is nothing I would change on this, I thought the paragraphs were great and no typo errors and font is very easy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your blog it was very creative and made me want to come to the zoo right away. I thought it was very catchy and fun. Loved the photo! There is nothing I would change on this, I thought the paragraphs were great and no typo errors and font is very easy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stellar Blog post. It was definitely on time. Strong Headline. Search terms in the first few sentences. Connection was there! Audience is definitely catered to. Examples were given. However, I would say I would have more concrete information on what animals would be offered for class if it is changing or just the sea lions. Layout was amazing. Graphic very cute. Citation was done and hyper liked! Grammar was good and I saw no errors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect. You focused one topic and went indepth. Simply perfect.

    I still don't like the bold text on everything though.

    ReplyDelete